Tuesday, March 2, 2021

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Astral Travelers

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Astral Travelers

By Bob Peterson

In this article, I'd like to share some habits of successful out-of-body explorers (astral travelers--or "travellers" for my British friends). At the same time I thought I'd poke a little fun at the "7 Habits" books by Stephen R. Covey. (The book cover above is fake. There's no such book; but if Mr. Covey wants my help writing it, I'm willing to give it). This kind of goes hand-in-hand with another article I wrote called "The Ten Commandments of OBE." Without further ado, here are the seven habits I recommend:

  1. Keep a dream journal
    First, learn to keep a dream journal. This establishes an important brain connection between experience "here" and experience "there." It trains your subconscious to be more lucid at night and pay more attention to what happens when we dissociate from our bodies at night. I wrote a more in-depth article about this. Click this link to read it.

  2. Learn to accept an alternate body schema and "story of experience"
    Every conscious moment your brain formulates two things: an idea of your body's boundaries and orientation (your "body schema") and a running story of what's happening to you, something I call the "story of experience". To get to the out-of-body state, you need to alter both of these things. To alter your body schema, it helps to do regular T'ai Chi or Qi Gong energy circulation, "energy bouncing" exercises as described in Robert Bruce's book Astral Dynamics, or similar things like closing your eyes and imagining your hands, arms, or other body parts are in a different position.
    To learn to accept an altered story of experience, you can do things like play video games, or use virtual reality (VR) goggles, read books, and don't forget to engage your active imagination throughout the day.

  3. Meditate Daily
    Successful astral travelers usually do some form of meditation. It doesn't matter what kind of meditation you do as long as you relax and make your mind as quiet and still as possible. Some people prefer binaural beats like hemi-sync, while others prefer "mindfulness" meditation, transcendental meditation, deeply focusing on your breath, or other meditation techniques. I wrote an article about some of my unconventional meditation techniques in another blog article. Click here to read it.

  4. Eat early, eat light
    Some people, especially Americans, seem almost programmed to keep their stomachs full. In general, that's bad for inducing out-of-body experiences. It's best if you eat an early dinner, or at least avoid eating late at night. Some claim it's best to eat nothing after 3:00 p.m. (15:00). You don't want hunger to be a big distraction either, so there's a balance.
    It also best to eat light. Stop eating before you're full and never over-stuff. Make lunch the biggest meal of the day.

  5. Do affirmations every morning
    Because our brains are divided into two halves, there's a constant interplay between your "story of experience" (your idea about what's happening--which is mostly right-brained) and your verbal translation of that story (your "inner dialog"--which is mostly left-brained). If you change your inner dialog (the "self-talk" or running inner commentary about your life) it will alter your story of experience as well. The best way to do that is with affirmations. Successful astral travelers do affirmations, especially early in the morning when you first wake up. Affirmations should be positive and simple. For example, "I can easily and safely leave my body" or "OBEs come naturally to me." I wrote a blog article about affirmations. You can read it at this link. Affirmations also help eliminate limiting beliefs, something author Rick Stack stresses.

  6. Read Astral Projection/OBE narratives before bed
    I've always found that my OBEs increase when I read about out-of-body experiences, especially narratives ("This is what happened to me" stories), and especially if you read them right before bedtime. This ingrains in your subconscious how important OBEs are to you.

  7. Practice astral projection in the mornings
    All the other things are useless unless you set aside time to practice, practice, practice. Early mornings are the most effective time to make your OBE attempt, especially after interrupted sleep. Never get discouraged. Be persistent. You may have negative subconscious beliefs that need to be overcome. You'll have an OBE when your persistence and "will" overpowers these self-imposed limitations.

It can take a lot of time and effort to learn to induce OBEs, but it's time well spent. Put these seven habits into daily use and it will make OBEs more easy to attain.

Bob Peterson

02 March 2021


If you have ideas for blog articles related to astral projection and out-of-body experiences, send me an email: bob@robertpeterson.org.

If you like my work, visit my website, robertpeterson.org, where you'll find lots of other free OBE advice and links.

Return to the index of my blog articles

 

6 comments:

  1. Bob has repeatedly prided himself on being a "grammar Nazi" but, over the years, he has kept making the same grating "adieu"/"ado" mistake and no one else seems to pick him up on it. (I pointed this mistake out over three years ago in my comment for one of his book reviews. (http://obeoutlook.blogspot.com/2015/04/review-astral-dynamics-by-robert-bruce.html))
    Above, there is: "Without further adieu [sic], …".
    GROAN! This type of mistake is known as an "eggcorn".
    (see: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/ado-versus-adieu)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you now two books of Charles Webster Leadbeater-Invisible helpers and The other side od things??


    ReplyDelete
  3. Any suggestions for meditation when you're sick? Right now have sinus infection, is impossible to breathe through my nose, gasping for air through my mouth, need to meditate but having much difficulty focusing on my breath, anytime I try I get really anxious because of the feeling of suffocating and being unable to breathe. Just a few days not meditating and I start to feel crazy. Any ideas would be appreciated? Please help. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I'm sick, I often just skip meditation. Sometimes I sit in a bathtub of hot water and soak with my eyes closed. You may want to take a decongestant so you can breathe easier.

    ReplyDelete