Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Swinging Arms Technique

Swinging Arms Technique

by Bob Peterson

The admins of the "Astral Projection - Techniques" Facebook group (myself included) decided to share some of our favorite astral projection techniques to the group.

In this blog article I'll share a technique I call the "Swinging Arms" technique, or perhaps a better name is "Kettlebell" technique. I used to do this technique a lot in 2018 when I spent a winter in Sedona, Arizona where there are a lot of hiking trails, but I still use it occasionally. Here is what I'd do:

  1. In late afternoon/early evening, go hiking on a trail for about 45 minutes. Sometimes at the top I'd stop and meditate on a large flat rock. I used to work until 3:00p.m. (15:00), and go hiking after that.
  2. Come home, take your shoes off, and lie face up on a couch / sofa (a recliner works too).
  3. Close your eyes and get comfortable, rest your hands on the tops of your hips. You may want to use a eye mask to block out the afternoon sunlight.
  4. Take two or three deep breaths in and exhale naturally. Try to ignore all your physical senses.
  5. Drift toward sleep but maintain focus and don't fall asleep. Just try to clear your mind and still your thoughts.
  6. As vividly as you can, imagine you are swinging your arms up and down. Swing them so hard (in y our imagination) that it causes your entire (imaginary) torso to move along with the arms. If you want, imagine a weight, like a kettlebell (shown above) at the end of your arms that increases the pull.
  7. Focus on the movement of your imaginary arms to the exclusion of everything else. Tell yourself the swinging arms are your real arms.
  8. When you start to feel as if you are really moving, just go with the movement and let it propel you forward, out of your body.
  9. At that point you may suddenly feel the vibrations sweep in and fill your whole body, and your body may feel like it's not moving anymore. Follow the directions given in my article What Should I do When the Vibrations Hit?.

Feel free to adapt this technique according to your needs. For example:

  • With this technique mid-afternoon seems to work best for me, but you can adjust the time as needed.
  • A couch or recliner may be most effective, but you can do this from your bed or a comfortable chair if you have no other choice.
  • A nature trail (with uneven surfaces) works best for me, but if you live in a city, sidewalks may also be used.

Bob Peterson,
23 January 2024


If you have ideas for blog articles related to astral projection and out-of-body experiences, send me an email: bob@robertpeterson.org.

If you like my work, visit my website, robertpeterson.org, where you'll find lots of other free OBE advice and links.

Return to the index of my blog articles



2 comments:

  1. what's the purpose of the walk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purpose of the walk is to build up neural activity in the prefrontal cortex of the brain prior to dropping it suddenly.

    ReplyDelete