Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Religious OBE Experiments - Part 2


Religious OBE Experiments - Part 2

by Bob Peterson

In a way, you could say this is really "Part 3" of the series based on my own OBE experiments, with the two prior articles here:

  1. Meeting Jesus Christ Face To Face, (December 2015) and
  2. Religious OBE Experiments (September 2021)

Like the two prior articles, this one comes from my second book, Lessons Out of the Body, which is out of print, from chapter 16, "Chasing God."

This experiment took place in June, 1999 (lightly edited from my journal).

This morning I got up at my usual time of 5:45 a.m., put the dogs out, and drank a can of caffeinated Surge soda pop to get motivated. Then I worked on the computer for an hour. I went back to bed around 7:00 a.m. After Kathy got up I decided to do an OBE. I tried to induce an OBE but instead fell asleep. I woke up around 8:00 a.m. and decided to try again. I tried for about ten minutes then I got restless. I decided I’d give it one more shot, and if I wasn’t successful, I’d get up. So I rolled onto my back and gave it my best shot. I didn’t think I’d be successful, but much to my surprise, I was able to coax my mind down into the proper state easily from that point. I waved myself out as normal.

Once I was out, I pushed myself forward, through the bedroom wall until I was hanging in mid-air between our house and my neighbor’s house.
I knew exactly what I wanted to do. At once, I made my request to no one in particular, saying, “I want to experience God.”

Suddenly, I was transported to some place that looked like outer space.  In the blackness of space in front of me was an image of a single human eye, and it was white against the black background. I focused on the image of the eye, and saw that it comprised tiny pinpoints of light. If this were part of a face, I wondered, why I didn’t I see any other features?

I decided to pan backward so I could see more of the image. What I saw astounded me. As I panned back, I saw that the pinpoints of light were slowly swirling around the eye: What I was looking at was not an eye, but a galaxy. The “eye” was actually a cluster of stars in the center of the galaxy. I continued to pan back, and the image of the galaxy started getting smaller. “Woah!” I thought, “Where the hell am I?” Instantly, I lost consciousness and began dreaming. If I had remained calm, would I have continued to pan outward until I experienced the totality of All That Is?

This OBE illustrates several things. First, as in the previous article, this OBE defied my expectations. I did not expect to be transported into outer space. Second, despite being "lost" in the deepest depths of outer space, I had no problem returning to my body.

That wasn't end last religious experiment I did. More to come in the next article.

Bob Peterson
05 October 2021


If you have ideas for blog articles related to astral projection and out-of-body experiences, send me an email: bob@robertpeterson.org.

If you like my work, visit my website, robertpeterson.org, where you'll find lots of other free OBE advice and links.

Return to the index of my blog articles

 

2 comments:

  1. These kind of '1,000 light year jumps' that are sprinkled in OBE narratives really make me wonder just what the heck the Higher Self is thinking. I'm still mulling over what Buhlman's jump out to the energy membrane means. And Monroe's trip to the Aperture boggles the mind!

    They're definitely going to be waypoints for myself when I finally get the hang of this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine was like a sling shot many times and it felt like I was traveling far in the cosmos (lots of black space but no stars) until I met a glowing being with white hair. He glided up to me and was expressionless and almost seemed like some sort of avatar. He never said anything and to the far distance was a woman who also glowed and had long white hair. She seemed frozen in a dance-like pose and she was pointing to something in the cosmos. After that I moved like a pebble hits a pond. Pebble hits and I move fast, then I coast as the ripple gets wider. I saw what I can only describe as cosmic wind moving up and down like a sinusoidal function. I felt a tap tap on my right shoulder and I was zapped back to my body.I lifted my sleep mask to see who was there in my room but there was no one. The tap tap came from the other side.

    ReplyDelete