Ten OBE Techniques From My Blog
by Bob Peterson
Many people ask which astral projection/out-of-body technique is the best? The answer is: the one that works for you. Everyone is different and requires different approaches to jar them out of their normal stubborn in-the-body programming.
In this blog article I want to share ten OBE techniques from ten years of this blog. These are in no particular order.
- Hypnagogic Object Swinging Technique
This is still my favorite AP/OBE technique because it engages the imagined sense of motion.
- Sneaking Past the Gatekeeper
This is one of the oldest techniques I posted on my blog, from 2013.
- Turning Lucid Dreams into OBEs
Everyone always wants to know "What is the easiest AP/OBE technique? Well, this is it. Simply induce a lucid dream, then transition it into a full-blown OBE. This article explains how.
- The "Almost Move" Technique
I developed this technique many years ago and have used it many times. It's quite effective. I didn't publish it on my blog until March, 2016. One year later, when I read Michael Raduga's book The Phase, I realized the technique is very similar to a technique Raduga calls "Phantom Wiggling."
- Wake Back To Bed (WBTB)
I don't know who invented WBTB, but it has become one of the most widely-used astral projection techniques of the modern era. It's been quoted in several modern books on the subject. That's because it's very effective.
- Motion-Based Techniques
This article has several motion-based techniques like: (1) rocking forward-backward, (2) rocking side-to-side, (3) Swinging arms technique, (4) Elbow push technique, and (5) Yoyo technique.
- Feet Zoom Technique
This is another motion-based technique.
- Lines of Force Technique
This one is from Robert Monroe's first book, Journeys Out of the Body, and it the technique that gave me immediate results (the vibrations) on my very first attempt in 1979.
- Harnessing Unfamiliarity
This isn't exactly an exit technique, but I feel it's important to try, especially if you've been unsuccessful for a long period of time.
- Clean Room Gloves technique. Some people may find it easier to leave the body by engaging as many non-visual senses as possible.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of out-of-body techniques. I recently sat down and wrote out a list of techniques and came up with almost 100.
If you want to have an OBE, here's what you should do:
- Learn and practice rapid and total relaxation. To get started, read my article on Relaxation techniques.
- Learn how to focus your mind for OBEs. To get started, read this article.
- Get into some good OBE habits like the habits explained in this article.
- Try one of the techniques in this article. If that doesn't work, try another, and another, until you find one that works best for you.
- Practice practice practice. Never give up.
There are many other important things to consider, such as conquering your fear and changing your belief system, but they're out of the scope of this article.
05 April 2022
If you have ideas for blog articles related to astral projection and out-of-body experiences, send me an email: email@example.com.
If you like my work, visit my website, robertpeterson.org, where you'll find lots of other free OBE advice and links.